I have never made New Year resolutions in my life! YEP! NEVER!
I always believed that you should be self-improving whenever you feel the need, NOT wait for the 1st of next year, only to stick to the resolutions for a few weeks and quit.
I hate quitting! And maybe a part of why I never made a resolution is because I just didn't want to stress myself of not being a quitter. Maybe.
But this year is different. Because last year was different.
2014 taught me a lot. I always thought of myself as a kind, empathetic, loving person. 2014 showed me that I'm quite annoying, self centered and selfish! I would've never believed that I could be selfish, but guess what, I realize, I am!
2014 was a roller coaster ride for me. I've always been a private person. I like to unwind only with my close ones. Last year, I was thrown into painful situations that brought my loved ones even closer to me. And by the end of the year, I realize how much each one of them have done for me, and how much each one means to me!
Reflecting back on 2014:
1. My Marriage - We've have learned the true meaning of a family. And our marriage has been strengthened by the grace of God, put in 1 sentence - we are 1 body 2 souls now!
2. Got my dream job - As a young girl, I dreamed of being a designer. I somehow ended up studying and working as an engineer. As life took me through my story, I also got the chance to work as a fashion model, and TV presenter. And finally in 2014, I landed my dream job of working as a Fashion Stylist & Art Director in a reputed luxury multi-brand company in Kuwait.
3. My life long dream of visiting Paris with my love - Done!
4. Got closer to my Jesus.
5. My YouTube channel & Blog has grown a lot comparitively, although I was not able to give it my best.
So, all of this has made me want to be a better person. And that is precisely my goal for 2015.
Here are my resolutions for 2015. I wish to come back to this post exactly 1 year from now, and see how I did :) God willing.
1. Be selfless - Think, act, and live more for others.
2. Break out of my comfort loner zone, and keep in touch with my loved ones, and let them know how much I love them, and how I'll always be there.
3. Stop comparing myself to others - This is stupid. But I do it.
4. Stop getting jealous! I mean, I'm officially old this year :P I've got no more room for petty jealousies. I need to concentrate more on improving myself, my life, and making sure, my family and I reach our goal! :)
5. Take some time to cool down and analyse before I burst out into flames of anger (I'm very hot tempered :( )
6. Most importantly, build my relationship with God. Everything I am, everything I have is a gift from God. So, I need to get less lazy and make sure I get closer to the one who created and blessed all of us.
Well, I think this post has been more intimate and personal than anything I've done before.
Tell me, what are your resolutions for 2015? Or do you have any at all?
I wish you the best year ahead. God bless you!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!